Pushkinskaya st. 43. office 10
Rostov-on-Don, Russia
e-mail: info@hjournal.ru 
tel. +7(863) 269-88-14

cubsEN (2)

"Book on Poverty and Wealth" by I. T. Pososhkov as the Russian Model of "Sovereign Literature"

"Book on Poverty and Wealth" by I. T. Pososhkov as the Russian Model of "Sovereign Literature"

Journal of Institutional studies, , Vol. 6 (no. 1),
p. 13-29

The author analyzes the «Books on Poverty and Wealth» by I. T. Pososhkov as Russian- style «sovereign literature». The historical context of the era, when the book was written, is explored; the influence of Eastern and Western traditions of economic thought is shown. The author examines the pros and cons of the alternative program of Peter modernization proposed by Pososhkov; features of author’s mercantilist and cameralist motives, as well as the historical fate of Russia in the case of implementing the ideas lurking book are disclosed.

Keywords: Russian economic thought; Oriental despotism; mercantilism; cameralism; modernization

References:
  • Bulgakov S. N. (1914). History of Economic Thought. 4th ed. M.: Print. House of N. A. Yashkin. Part II. (in Russian).
  • Vasilyev L. S. (1982). Phenomenon of Power-Property. On the Problem of Precapitalist Structures Typology. Types of Public Relations in the East during the Middle Ages. M.: Nauka. (in Russian).
  • Vasilyev L. S. (1998). History of the Orient. M.: Higher School. (in Russian). World History of Economic Thought in 6 volumes. Vol. 1. (1987). M: Thought. (in Russian).
  • Zaitseva L. (1995). The First Russian Economist and Thinker - Ivan T. Pososhkov. M.: Institute of Economics of RAS. (in Russian).
  • Zaitseva L. I. (2010). Ivan T. Pososhkov about Bogoustroenie of Russian Life and Russia of Peter I. M.: Institute of Economics of RAS. (in Russian).
  • Kafengauz B. B. (1937). I. T. Pososhkov, His Life and Social-Economic Views. Pososhkov I. T. Book on Poverty and Wealth. M.: State Economic and Social Publishing. (in Russian).
  • Latov Y. V. (2013). Ivan Pososhkov as the Mirror of Russian Modernization. TERRA ECONOMICUS, vol. 11, no. 1. (in Russian).
  • Marx K. and Engels F. Works. Vol. 19. (in Russian).
  • Nureev R. M. (2011a). The Public System of Rural Agricultural Communities Is the Traditional Command Economy in the National Scale. TERRA ECONOMICUS, vol. 9, no. 1. (in Russian).
  • Nureev R. M. (2011b). Russia: peculiarities of institutional development. M. NORMA. (in Russian).
  • Nureev R. M. and Latov Y. V. (2011). When and Why Did Development Ways of Russia and Western Europe Diverge (Approach from the Perspective of Institutional Economic History). World Russia, no. 4. (in Russian).
  • Nureev R. M. and Latov Y. V. (2013). From "Oriental Despotism" to "Medium- Weak Capitalism": Ragged Path of Institutional Development of Imperial Russia. World Russia, no. 4. (in Russian).
  • Pantin I. K. Plimak E. G. and Horos V. G. (1986). Revolutionary Tradition in Russia: 1783-1883. M: Thought. (in Russian).
  • Platonov D. N. (1989). Ivan Pososhkov. M.: The Economy. (in Russian).
  • Plekhanov G. V. (1925). History of Russian Social Thought. Vol. 2. Plekhanov G. V. Works. Vol. XXI. Moscow-Leningrad: State Publ. House. (in Russian).
  • Porshnev B. F. (1964). Feudalism and the Masses. M.: Nauka. (in Russian).
  • Pososhkov I. T. (2003). "The Book on Poverty and Wealth" and Other Works. With an Introduction by Y. M. Osipov, Commentary by B. B. Kafengauz and Afterword by M. P. Pogodin. M.: Nauka. (in Russian).
  • Pososhkov I. T. (2011). "The Book on Poverty and Wealth " and Other Works. M.: Publ. House "Economic Newspaper". (in Russian).
  • Stuchevsky I. L. (1976). Promotion of State Centralism in Literature of Ancient Egypt (According to "Neferti Prophecies" and "Sayings Ipusera"). Tutankhamun and his time. M.: Nauka. (in Russian).
  • Frankfort G., Frankfort G. A., Wilson J. and Jacobsen T. (1984). In Anticipation of Philosophy: Spiritual Searching of Ancient Man. M.: Nauka. (in Russian).
  • Tsaholov N. A. (1949). On the Question of the Economic Content of the "Peasant Reform". Theoretical notes. Proceedings of the USSR. Department of Economics and Law, no. 6. (in Russian).
  • Fried М. (1967). The Evolution of Political Society. An Essay in Political Anthropology. New York.
  • Herschenkron A. (1962). The approach to European industrialization: a postscript // Economic Backwardness in Historical Perspective: A Book of Essays. Cambridge (Mass.), Harvard University Press.
  • Leon P. ed. (1977). Histoire economique et sociale do monde 1. Paris.
  • Sahlins М. (1968). Tribesmen. Englewood Cliffs.
  • Service E. (1975). Origin of the State and Civilization. New York.
Publisher: Ltd. "Humanitarian perspectives"
Founder: Southern Federal University
ISSN: 2076-6297