Pushkinskaya st. 43. office 10
Rostov-on-Don, Russia
e-mail: info@hjournal.ru 
tel. +7(863) 269-88-14

cubsEN (2)

M. V. Lomonosov as the Follower of I. T. Pososhkov’s Ideas on Economic Development Problems in Russia

M. V. Lomonosov as the Follower of I. T. Pososhkov’s Ideas on Economic Development Problems in Russia

Journal of Institutional studies, , Vol. 6 (no. 1),
p. 49-59

The author considers new approaches to economic judgments in works written by M. V. Lomonosov, where one can observe the continuity of ideas put forward by I. T. Pososhkov. Those are aimed at the achievement of “well-being, glory and prosperity of the Russian state”. Putting the priority on the industrial development of Russia, Lomonosov established interrelations between economic branches, trade and transport; showed peculiarities of the development of European and Siberian regions of Russia. A special attention is paid to the necessity to solve social problems. Lomonosov’s views are independent and correspond to a higher level of the development of the country.

Keywords: history of economic thought; the Russian economy; industry; agriculture; the Northern Sea Route; population

References:
  • Buck I. S. (1955). M. V. Lomonosov’s Struggle for the of Productive Forces Development in Russia / History of Russian Economic Thought: 4 vol. / Ed. by A. I. Pashkov. М.: Gospolitizdat, vol. I, part 1, 755 p. (in Russian).
  • Lomonosov M. V. (1952a). Short Description of Various Voyages on Northern Seas and Demonstration of a Possible Passage through the Siberian Ocean to East India. / Lomonosov M. V. Complete works, vol. 6. Works on Russian History, Social-Economic Issues and Geography (1747 - 1765). M.-L.: Publ. House of AS USSR, 689 p. (in Russian).
  • Lomonosov M. V. (1952b). On Preservation and Expansion of the Russian Nation. / Lomonosov M. V. Complete works, vol. 6. Works on Russian History, Social- Economic Issues and Geography (1747 - 1765). M.-L.: Publ. House of AS USSR, 689 p. (in Russian).
  • Lomonosov M. V. (1934). The First Foundations of Metallurgy or Ore Mining. / Lomonosov M. V. Works. L.: Publ. House of AS USSR, vol. VII, 612 p. (in Russian).
  • Lomonosov M. V. (1990). For the Benefit of Society... M.: Sov. Russia, 384 p. (in Russian).
  • Pososhkov I. T. (2010 (1937)). Book on Poverty and Wealth. М.: Russian Political Encyclopedia (ROSSPAN), 592 p. (in Russian).
  • Rogachevskaya М. А. (2000). M. V. Lomonosov on Economic Problems of Russia. ЕКО, no. 7, pp. 163-175. (in Russian).
  • Rogachevskaya М. А. (2006). History of Economical Theories. Novosibirsk, 309 p. (in Russian).
Publisher: Ltd. "Humanitarian perspectives"
Founder: Southern Federal University
ISSN: 2076-6297