Pushkinskaya st. 43. office 10
Rostov-on-Don, Russia
e-mail: info@hjournal.ru 
tel. +7(863) 269-88-14

cubsEN (2)

State as a Subject of Modernization in Russia: Ideas of I. T. Pososhkov and Modernity

State as a Subject of Modernization in Russia: Ideas of I. T. Pososhkov and Modernity

Journal of Institutional studies, , Vol. 6 (no. 1),
p. 66-73

The paper regards work by I. T. Pososhkov "Book on Poverty and Wealth" as addressed to "the customer" in the person of Peter I «institutional project" of Russia’ modernization, built on dialogue of "autocrat" with representatives of all estates represented by "multinational Council."
This project is compared with the practice of institutional design in modern Russia. The author determines the causes of modernization projects failures associated with underdevelopment of "broad interest groups" representation in "market power" and weakness of control of the "ruler" (the ruling group) over bureaucratic "vertical of power".

Keywords: state; power market; ruler (the ruling group); vertical of power; institutional design

References:
  • Aven P. and Shironin V. (1987). Reform of the Economic Mechanism: the Reality of the Planned Changes. Proceedings of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR (Series "Economics and Applied Sociology"), no. 3, pp. 32-41. (in Russian).
  • Buchanan J. M. (1997). Settlement agreement. Logical Foundations of Constitutional Democracy: Transl. from English. Works; Ed. by Nureev R. M. et al. M.: "Taurus Alpha", vol. 1, pp. 31-206. (in Russian).
  • Gaidar Y. T. (1997). State and Evolution. How to Separate the Property from the Government and Increase the Well-Being of Russians. St. Petersburg: Norma. (in Russian).
  • Kapoguzov E. A. (2012). The Institutional Structure of Production of Public Services: from Weberian Bureaucracy - to Modern Public Administration Reform. Omsk: Publ. House of Omsk State University. (in Russian).
  • Kordonskiy S. G. (2000). Authority Markets: Administrative Markets of the USSR and Russia. M.: OGI. (in Russian).
  • Muller D. (2007). Public Choice III / Transl. from English. Ed. by A. P. Zaostrovtsev, A. S. Skorobogatov. M.: HSE. (in Russian).
  • Naishul V. (1992). Liberalism and Economic Reforms. MEiMO, no. 8, pp. 69-81. (in Russian).
  • North D., Wallis J. and Weingast D. B. (2011). Violence and Social Orders. Conceptual Framework for the Interpretation of the Written History of Mankind. M.: Publ. House of Gaidar Institute. (in Russian).
  • Olson M. (1998). The Rise and Decline of Nations. Economic Growth, Stagflation, Social Sclerosis: Transl. from English. Novosibirsk: EKOR. (in Russian).
  • Platonov D. N. (1989). Ivan Pososhkov. M.: The Economy. (in Russian).
  • Pososhkov I. T. (1951). Book on Poverty and Wealth / Ed. and Comments by B. B. Kafengauz. M.: Academy of Sciences of the USSR. (in Russian).
  • Furubotn E. G. and Richter R. (2005). Institutions and Economic Theory. Achievements of the New Institutional Economics / Transl. from English. Ed. by V. S. Katkalo, N. P. Drozdova. St. Petersburg: Publ. House of St. Petersburg State University. (in Russian).
Publisher: Ltd. "Humanitarian perspectives"
Founder: Southern Federal University
ISSN: 2076-6297