Pushkinskaya st. 43. office 10
Rostov-on-Don, Russia
e-mail: info@hjournal.ru 
tel. +7(863) 269-88-14

cubsEN (2)

The institutionalization of consumer’s goods social standards (in terms of foodstuffs)

The institutionalization of consumer’s goods social standards (in terms of foodstuffs)

Journal of Institutional studies, , Vol. 7 (no. 3),

The paper is devoted to the development of the institutional design of consumer goods in the methodology of economic and sociological theories. The author detected the dependence of the consumer goods quality between the levels of the organization and the determining of a social order, including modes of coordination of economic agents (consumers and businesses). The resolution of methodological disputes has been discovered mainly on the basis of the methodological institutionalism principles. The research of consumer goods quality conventions has significantly contributed of the development of the institutional design of consumer goods, introducing the conception of institutionalization. Therefore, the institutional design of consumer goods was seen as process in the context of supporting and developing institutions in the discourses of institutional structure. The result of the study is considered: the development of economic and sociological approach to the determination of the quality of consumer goods and the model of social standards institutionalization.

Keywords: quality of consumer goods; social standards; social order; institutions; institutional constructs; institutionalization.

References:
  •  Barsukova S. Y. (2014). Three «Images» of the WTO in Russian Newspapers. TERRA ECONOMICUS, no. 1, pp. 106-114. (In Russian).
  • Belokrylova O. S. (2013). Applying the Neoinstitutional Methodology. Journal of Economic Regulation, no. 3, pp. 5. (In Russian).
  • Belokrylova O. S. and Filonenko J. V. (2012). The Institutional Concepts of the Forming Modern Consumer Logic. TERRA ECONOMICUS, no. 2-2, pp. 5-8. (In Russian).
  • Berger P. and Luckmann T. (1995). The Social Construction of Reality: A Treatise in the Sociology of Knowledge. Moscow, Medium Publ. (In Russian).
  • Dementyev V. V. (2015). Institutional Political Economy: Where to Start? Journal of Institutional Studies, no. 1, pp. 25-44. (In Russian).
  • Eymard-Duverany F. (1997). The Convention and the Quality of the Plurality of Forms of Coordination. Voprosy Ekonomiki, no. 10, pp. 104-116. (In Russian).
  • Hayek fon F. A. (1973). Rules and Order. London: Routledge & Kegan Paul.
  • Jorgensen M. and Phillips L. (2008). Discourse Analysis as Theory and Method. Kharkov, Gumanitarnyy Tsentr. (In Russian).
  • Kapoguzov E. A. and Chupin R. I. (2014). Technical Regulation of Food Quality: The Theoretical Basis in the Context of the Institutional Approach and Russian Experience. Gosudarstvennoe Upravlenie i Gosudarstvennaja Sluzhba, no. 4, pp. 109-122. (In Russian).
  • Kapoguzov E. A. and Chupin R. I. (2015). Institutional Design of Food Quality in Russia. Journal of Economic Regulation, no. 1, pp. 28-36. (In Russian).
  • Kirdina S. G. (2013). Overcoming the Limitations of Methodological Individualism. Zhurnal Ekonomicheskoj Teorii, no. 4, pp. 100-111. (In Russian).
  • Malkina M. Yu. (2014). Institutional Frameworks of the Reducing Quality of Goods and Services in the Market Economy (the Answer to I. V. Rozmainsky). Journal ofInstitutional Studies, no. 4, pp. 77-97. (In Russian).
  • Nureev R. M. and Latov Yu. V. (2007). What is the «Path Dependence» and How to Learn It by Russian Economists // Istoki: iz opyta izucheniya ekonomiki kak struktury i processa. Moscow. Publ. House of HSE, pp. 228-256. (In Russian).
  • Rozmainsky I. V. (2011). Why the quality of the goods deteriorates while «the capitalism develops»? Terra Economicus, no. 1, pp. 8-16. (In Russian).
  • Seatle J. (2008). What is an Institute? Voprosy Ekonomiki, no. 8, pp. 4-27. (In Russian).
  • Thevenot L. (1997). The Plurality of Modes of Coordination: Balance and Rationality in a Complex World. Voprosy Ekonomiki, no. 10, pp. 69-84. (In Russian).
  • Usenko N. I., Poznyakovsky V. M. and Otmakhova Yu. S. (2014). «Palm Oil Paradise» or «Palm Oil Octopus»? Current Trends and Threats of Food Markets. ECO, no. 9, pp. 135-152. (In Russian).
  • Volchik V. V. and Berezhnoy I. V. (2007). Interest Groups and Economic Institutions Qualityinterest Groups and Economic Institutions Quality. TERRA ECONOMICUS, no. 2, pp. 57-66. (In Russian).
  • Volchik V. V. and Krivosheeva-Medyantseva D. D. (2015). Institutions, Technologies and Increasing returns. Journal of Institutional Studies, no. 1, pp. 48-58. (In Russian).
  • Yerznkyan B. A. (2013). Institutional Factors of Social Orders Evolution. Zhurnal Ekonomicheskoj Teorii, no. 4, pp. 69-86. (In Russian).
Publisher: Ltd. "Humanitarian perspectives"
Founder: Ltd. "Humanitarian perspectives"
Online ISSN: 2412-6039
ISSN: 2076-6297